Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A little editorial about Heironimus (which I have also sent to the XZone host Rob McConnell)

Bob Heironimus is a rather interesting individual, who claims to have been in the suit in the Patterson/Gimlin Movie. He has been pretty consistent with his story for the last few years (with a few discrepancies here and there which could be attributable to age or possibly false memory, and not necessarily attributed to deception). At this point, I am reticent to call Heironimus a liar, because he did pass two polygraph tests (although Patterson and Gimlin also took tests and passed them) and seems to be recalling his alleged part in the filming as best as his memory can accommodate him. Now, at this point, I believe Bob Gimlin because he has told pretty much the same story for 40 years and has never wavered from it, but I am on the fence when it comes to Heironimus due to possible age-related memory lapses or possible false memory. Some would interpret Heironimus' seemingly changing stories as lies, but that may not be necessarily so. We all remember things a little differently at times, and who is to say that Heironimus is or is not remembering things differently? And one other thing I want to bring up-some individuals within the Bigfoot community have called the show recently and accused Heironimus of being a liar to Rob McConnell's face. They reacted emotionally and unprofessionally, and that is not the way we want to present ourselves. We are supposed to be professional and respectful regardless of our own opinions on certain things. Those individuals do not represent me or my way of thinking or my professionalism. Rob is always the gentleman host, and just because he believes the P/G Movie shows Bob Heironimus in a suit does not mean he is saying there is no Sasquatch. My colleagues in the Bigfoot community need to separate the film from the rest of the phenemenon, as I have; I am 85% convinced the film shows a real Sasquatch, but even if it were proved to be a hoax, it should not matter to anyone else (it doesn't matter to me because I know what I saw in Georgia and here in Mississippi, 10 miles down the road from me, and I would continue to seek the answers to this mystery, P/G Movie real or hoax). Jerry Coleman once said this wise quote: "If the film is real, we will continue to pursue Bigfoot; if the film is a hoax, we will continue to pursue Bigfoot."

No comments: